Thursday, October 2, 2008

Post I Submitted to Biobees forum

I gave my presentation on "Using Honeybees and Environmental Sociology to Teach Global Issues" this afternoon. Follow the link below for my extended notes on the presentation:

http://canariesinacoalmine.blogspot.com/2008/09/presentation-at-sociologists-of.html

It was received 1 million times better than you can imagine. Thanks for all I've learned from you all... You are really co-authors with me.

As many of you probably know, I applied for a sabbatical to work on this project but my dean rejected it saying "It wasn't sociological enough". Well, today I received quite a pleasant surprise from a faculty member of a competing university. She asked:

1. If I might consider teaching this as a 3 week J-term course at her university.

2. If I would be the guest speaker at their sociology department's honors banquet in May.

3. that I contact their Center for Ecology and see if they might be interested in the project.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger
AddThis Feed Button