Sunday, December 21, 2008

Social Apiculture: An Example


Is the BBKA too close to Bayer? from Gord Campbell on Vimeo


A few weeks ago I wrote an entry about what I've called, Social Apiculture. I said, "beekeeping can no longer be an activity strictly focused on hive management techniques and our bees' immediate foraging environment but demands we also stay alert to the larger global environment and the impacts of the political economy." After reading this entry a week later, it seemed a bit arrogant, as if I was proposing something new and original when there are countless beekeepers around the globe who are already practicing this. For this reason, I am sharing this video from a beekeeper, Phil Chandler, who has had a great influence on the way I am seeing the world of apiculture.

2 comments:

Gerry Gomez Pearlberg said...

Happy New Year to you and your bees!

Abelisto said...

Thanks Gerry for the New Year's greeting... Let me extend the same to you!!!!!

Powered By Blogger
AddThis Feed Button