Saturday, May 16, 2009

Learning Queen Rearing Long Distance


One of the joys of the internet is "picking the brains" of beekeeping experts all over the globe. I had one such experience today, spending the afternoon in a facebook chat with Gabriel Antonio Bussoli, operations manager for Agrovivo in Vina del Mar, Chile. Gabriel breeds queens that are exported around the world. Mr. Bussoli offered me a "short course" in queen rearing this afternoon, complete with emailed photos from his own operation. Despite the difficulties communicating at times (his English is much better than my Spanish and my Italian is non-existent), I learned a great deal in the two hours were we were online. After his short and clear explanation, I finally feel confident in trying my hand at queen rearing in the near future. Thanks so much, Gabriel.

2 comments:

Marcy said...

Good luck on rearing the Queens! I think it's wonderful when people use the internet to further their knowledge, especially on things which help our environment! Keep up the good work! xo~

Gordo said...

That IS a wonderful use of technology! Good luck.

Powered By Blogger
AddThis Feed Button