Sunday, September 12, 2010

Strengthening Hives

First, I need to apologize to any readers wondering where the author of this blog went to. Yes, I haven't written anything about the activities of Beelandia in a few weeks. With the beginning of the semester approaching and the Winona bee ordinance debate in full swing, the blog was set aside. I assure you though, Beelandia is alive and well.

Today, I spent late morning strengthening the two hives I created this summer from the nucs I started. I took frames of honey, pollen, and larvae from the two "relief" nucs which I will let die this winter and added them to both Atta Bee! and the new hive I have yet to name. As might be expected, the bees were not really cooperative and so I sustained 2 stings.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger
AddThis Feed Button